Breaking News

.

.

Tutorial

.

Article

Thursday 9 January 2014

Socrates and Plato


One day, Plato asked Socrates: "What is love?"
Socrates said: "I ask you to pick a strain of the largest and most golden grain through this piece of rice paddies, but there is a rule that you can’t go back and you can pick only one."
So Plato began to do this. After long time, he came back with nothing.
Socrates asked him why he came back with empty-hand?
Plato said: When I walked in the field, I had seen a few strains with particularly big grain, but I always thought there would be a bigger and better one in front, so that I didn’t pick them up; But I found that the grain I saw is not as good as the last one, and finally I picked nothing.
Then Socrates meaningfully said: "This is love."

Another day, Plato asked Socrates: "What is a marriage?"
Socrates said:" I ask you to cut down a tree which is the strongest and thickest through the forest, but there is a rule that you can't go back and you can pick only one."
So Plato began to do this. After long time, he came back with a tree which is not as strongest as thought.
Socrates asked him why he cut this tree?
Plato said: when I walked through the forest, I saw a few good trees, and this time, I learned the lesson of grain and saw this tree still good, so that I just choose it for I'm afraid I miss the chance though it is not the best.
At this moment, Socrates said:" This is the marriage."

On another occasion, Plato asked Socrates:"What is happiness?"
Socrates said:" I ask you to across the field and pick a flowers which is the most beautiful, but there is a rule that you can't go back and you can pick only one."
So Plato began to do this. After long time, he came back and held the most beautiful flower.
Socrates asked him:"Is this the most beautiful flower?"
Plato said:"When I crossed the field, I saw this beautiful flower and I picked it up and recognizing that it is the most beautiful one, while I saw many other beautiful flowers later, but I still insist on this one is the most beautiful one so I took it back."
At this moment, Socrates said:"This is happiness."

Plato, one day asked Socrates:"What is affair?"
Socrates asked him to walk through the forest again without any rule and can walk back to choose the most beautiful flowers on his way.
Plato went out with confidence, after two hours, he took a gorgeous flower but slightly off,
Socrates asked him:"Is this the most beautiful flower?"
"I have been looking for two hours, and found this flower is the most beautiful, but it is wither down gradually during I came back" said Plato.
"That's an affair?"
And one day he asked Socrates again:"What is life?"
Socrates asked him to walk through the forest without any rule and can walk back and forth to choose the most beautiful flowers on his way.
Plato had previous lessons and went out full of confidence
After three days, he still didn't come back.
Socrates had to go into the forest and find him, finally he found Plato has already lived in the forest.
Socrates asked him:"Have you found the most beautiful flower?"
Plato pointed to the flower beside and said:"This is the most beautiful flower."
Socrates asked:"Why doesn’t bring out?"
Plato answered:"If I take it off, it will wither quickly. Even if I don't pick it up, it also will wither sooner or later. So I just live beside this flower when it blooms, and find the second beautiful flower when it withered. This is my second flower which I found here."
At this moment, Socrates told him:" You know the truth of life".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks